Tuesday, February 16, 2010

4 medals in 4 days at Cypress! Day off in Whistler.








Hello all:

Well I ventured off to Whistler on my own today and actually made it there and back by myself! I usually have Bruce or Kath to tell me where I need to go!

The drive up to Whistler was pretty; with Howe Straight and the mountains being a beautiful sight. I met a girl "Poli" from Australia on the bus and she and I wondered around Whistler village and had lunch together listening to live music playing close by. There was quite a buzz in the village, especially when we won another gold at Cypress! Yeah Cypress! It must be my luck that is responsible for those medals, yes right!

I then met up with our friends from Orleans that have a condo in Whistler. They had left 4 kids at home (for the first time!) and were having a great time. They had skied twice and said the conditions were great. We took in some of the festivities and then we went back to their condo for dinner. It was great to be with some familiar faces from home.

I took the bus back to Vancouver; about a 2.5 hour ride. I sat with a girl from New Jersey who had come to the Olympics because her mother had been in the Olympics (alpine skiing) in 1964 in Innsbruck, Austria.

Tomorrow I am up at 5:00 a.m. to get to my 8:00 a.m. shift. It is the men's snowboard half pipe.

Hope you are well, love the comments (like the one from Murffy!) they give me the warm and fuzzies.

Let's hope for another medal tomorrow.

Marianne


No comments:

Post a Comment